Session 5 – Track “Perspectives” | Safeguarding Biodiversity Conservation and Supporting R&D and Innovation Ecosystems Globally
The panel will uncover key lessons learned that support the conservation of biological diversity, promote its sustainable use and fair and equitable sharing of benefits arising from this use, while striving to support R&D and facilitate innovation globally. Success stories, challenges and opportunities in the Latin American region will be shared as panelists discuss the future of R&D in this promising area.
- Cristina Ropke, CEO, Phytobios
- Grega Kumer, Head of Government Relations, IFPMA
- Marcelo Morales, Secretary of Policies for Training and Strategic Actions, Brazilian Ministry of Science, Technology, Innovations and Communications
- Carlos Alvarado Ulloa, Director of Biotechnology, Technical University of Costa Rica
- Rodrigo Lima, Partner-Director, Agroicone