Session 1 – Track “Perspectives” | Intellectual Property as a Driver for Economic Growth and Entrepreneurship
Small and medium sized enterprises generally do not have products on the market and, accordingly, rely heavily on the strength and scope of their intellectual property assets to generate investments needed to develop technologies. More and more, these SMEs as well as multinationals are looking abroad as they expand their R&D and commercialization efforts. The panel will explore best practices for SMEs in Latin America to monetize IP, partner and co-develop projects and insert themselves into the global innovative biotech ecosystem.
- Dámaso A. Pardo, President, INPI (Argentine)
- Fabio Groff, Chief Innovation Officer, Head of Intellectual Property and Technology Licensing, Instituto Butantan
- Maria Vazquez, Head of Post-Graduate IP Masters Program, Universidad San Andres, Argentina
- Patrick Kilbride, Senior Vice President, The Global Innovation Policy Center
- Victor Genu, Deputy General Coordinator of Patent, Head of Biotechnology, INPI Brazil