Opening Plenary | Healing, Feeding, and Fueling the World: LatAm’s Role in Driving Biotechnology Innovation
This plenary session will introduce how biotechnology provides a platform for some of the most significant breakthroughs that will help Heal, Feed, and Fuel the world. Senior leaders will discuss the special role Brazil and the Latin American region have in helping to drive innovation in the human health, animal health, plant, industrial and environmental sectors. The policy and business environment to support continued R&D will be discussed and perspectives on how these technologies will help foster a healthier and more sustainable world will be shared.
- Agustin Tejeda, Chief Economist, Bolsa de Cereales (Argentina)
- Andrew Simpson, Scientific Director, Orygen Biotecnologia
- Evelyne Rodríguez, Minister for Latin America, ProMéxico
- Jorge Aguado, Vice Minister, Argentine Ministry of Science
- Sridhar Gopal, Head of Business Development, International (JAPAC-EEMEA-LATAM), AbbVie